Did you know?
- U.S. buildings account for 36% of all U.S. energy
consumption, 65% of all electricity use, and 30% of all greenhouse
- Paint, carpeting, linoleum, furniture materials,
manufactured wood and a variety of other building materials can
emit fumes and toxic gases over time.
- Just the new building construction process alone
generates millions of tons of trash and landfill a year.
- New technologies and operations
are available to designers, architects, and builders that make
it economically practical to build green.
- You can read more about these facts at www.usgbc.org.
Group's Green Mission Statement
Lander Group creates innovative, high-quality, comfortable, and
responsibly-designed buildings which enhance the surrounding environment
and the quality of life of both the homebuyer and the larger community
- Urban design practices that discourage sprawl
through the reuse and reclaimation of valuable city land.
- The selection of energy efficient products
and practices which minimize energy use and loss and decrease
- Maintaining high indoor air quality standards
with well-ventilated, low lung irritant environments.
- Conservation, reuse, and efficient use of our
limited natural resources. For example, the purchase of products
manufactured locally greatly reduces the energy required to ship
- Selecting responsible products and vendors
who complement our green mission statement.
here to download the brochure
Click here for images as seen in the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
focus: Integrity Windows
You can take a quick
tour of the Green Unit to view the successful Green ideas at
work. We researched many products and techniques to find ones that
performed the best - and rejected
|March 2006 Midwest Home - The Midtown Lofts Green Unit was featured in an excellent article about the emergence of practical Green developements - view PDF
Building Green at
Midtown Lofts incorporates many practical Green principles into
its design. Some are easy modifications that can be done to any
home, others are the result of state-of-the-art composite building
materials. Many of the features listed on the tour map are development-wide,
demonstrating the usability of many Green ideas.
Lander Sherman developed the Green Unit to:
- Research new green features and finishes.
- Demonstrate existing Green upgrade options.
- Raise awareness about Green building
ideas that everyone can use in their own home.
Criteria for evaluating products:
- Great quality.
- Easy to source and install.
- Fits Lander design aesthetic (looks good).